Sunday, October 14, 2012

Church in Kuwait

So, I went to my first of many church services in Kuwait. It was far from what I expected. For all my Memphis folks, it was like a scaled down version of a service at Life Church.
They have multiple services and locations. They even have a little area for youth services.

The Kuwaiti Praise and Worship Team were on it. They had the monitors with the words scrolling on it, dude in the back was rocking on the Bass, and the drums reminded me of Brother Scott (congrats on the wedding).

I went looking for a word from God and I did receive it. The congregation was mostly American teachers from a few of the schools in Kuwait. I was amazed at the number of Kuwaiti Christians in attendance. The pastor and his wife are from Virginia and she enjoyed talking to me and the girls from North Carolina because we were probably the only ones who understood her southern accent.

No matter where I go to church, there is always something that stands out or make me laugh and I found it at Lighthouse. There were two Kuwaiti men sitting behind us during service that had some golden voices. I wanted to turn around and just stare at them. Those baritones were lifting their voices to the high heavens. It made me chuckle at bit.

I look forward to attending the Harvest Festival in November and worshiping with them again.

Until next time...

KL

No comments:

Post a Comment