Monday, September 24, 2012

Terms and Conditions

If you have every downloaded or purchased just about anything you have come across the dreaded "Terms and Conditions". We all check the box that says we agree blah blah blah but we never read it. Well I sat down and read the terms and conditions from my new handbook and a few stood out.

DON'T DO IT

Please don't feed any cats you find on campus...really don't feed the cats but what about the dogs.
We are a GUM FREE CAMPUS...so you saying I can't chew gum at all, not even on my break.
Please don't accept gifts over 15KD ($55.00). Teachers may accept small gifts, chocolates, flowers, etc. but are not permitted to accept expensive gift... by small gifts, do you mean small in size or price. What if they get me something large but was on sale? I can't stop a parent from getting me a small pair of Chanel earrings because I taught their child how to read and add. I have already been offered to go shopping with a couple of parents. I tried to turn them down but they insisted, I didn't want to be rude.
Don't give test copies to students in return for financial benefits...the kids are richer than the teachers and will make sure we are well aware of that fact. What I look like giving my 3rd graders a printout of an alphabet chart in exchange for a few bucks? Guess that rule applies to high school teachers.

The other terms and conditions were typical rules to go by when working with students but those listed above just had to be addressed.

I'm still working on my "First Week of School" posting. I hope this one tides you over until then.

K.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment